Sunday, October 9, 2011

My date with Autumn

Fall is absolutely my favorite time of the year.  This fall has been extra special, it's like an extended cut on your favorite movie.  I decided to enjoy it.  Apparently, today so did everyone else in the world.  As I pulled into the local Arboretum, the line of cars seemed more extended than that enjoyable movie, but I wasn't going to let that put a damper on the start of my day.  Things started looking up as the gentleman who took my money and gave me the park map was utterly handsome and took an extra second to flirt with me.  But I was already on my date with autumn... and map man was not invited.

I pulled from my handsome man into a parking spot and immediately wanted to see more and get outside.  I grabbed my bag to commune with nature.  I hiked and hiked away from the crowds.  I saw colors that I didn't know were naturally possible.  What a beautiful day!  I found a perfect spot against a tall oak tree, next to a slow moving creek.  I spent hours cozied up against the oak reading and drawing.  Now, I'm no artist, but I love color.  The breeze kissed my face and the sun kept me warm.  It felt great.  I enjoyed my date with fall!















No comments:

Post a Comment